Thursday, June 12, 2008

Best Films of 1996

OK, so I complained about 1997 being a shit year but at least I could still get 10 films on a list of movies that I quite like. 1996, while being host to one of my all time favourite films of all time - Fargo (the fourth time that the Coen Brothers make the top spot - I think I'm a fan of those guys), was really disappointing. I can't even manage a top five, if you were to ask me "based on what you've seen from 1996, what would you nominate for best picture?", I would say those three before stummering out something like......... Happy Gilmore? Maybe my problem is I just haven't seen enough films, I've only seen two of the best picture nominees from the Oscars (Jerry Maguire and Fargo).

  1. Fargo (Joel & Ethan Coen)
  2. Bottle Rocket (Wes Anderson)
  3. Scream (Wes Craven)

1 comment:

Brad M said...

I hope in the year since this post you've watched Space Jam.