Saturday, June 7, 2008

Best Movies of 2004

Ahhh, 2004. My first year of university. Though with the exception of Eternal Sunshine, Mean Girls and Shrek 2 I saw the majority of these films the next year. I remember it as the year of Fahrenheit 9/11 and the Passion of the Christ. Two films that greatly disturbed my experiences with cinema that year, the former for its horrible documentary practises and the latter for highlighting my preference to not watch a film that was solely about someone getting cruificied. 2004 nevertheless turned out to be an important year of cinema for me - especially the film that came in first - one of my most favourite films of all time.

  1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Michel Gondry)
  2. I Heart Huckabees (David O. Russell)
  3. The Incredibles (Brad Bird)
  4. In My Father's Den (Brad McGann)
  5. Napoleon Dynamite (Jared Hess)
  6. Sideways (Alexander Payne)
  7. Night Watch (Timur Bekmambetov)
  8. A Very Long Engagement (Jean-Pierre Jeunet)
  9. Mean Girls (Mark Waters)
  10. Garden State (Zach Braff)
  11. Shrek 2 (Andrew Adamson, Kelly Asbury & Conrad Vernon)
  12. The Bourne Supremacy (Paul Greengrass)
  13. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou (Wes Anderson)
  14. Primer (Shane Carruth)
  15. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban (Alfonso Cuaron)
  16. Team America: World Police (Trey Parker)

No comments: