Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Awesome Simpsons: Bart's Girlfriend

I watched The Simpsons today and was greeted with an awesome episode from season six: Bart's Girlfriend. It's been a while since I saw a cool episode, all the ones I seem to be seeing on TV are from the later and vastly inferior seasons. Meryl Streep guests stars as the eponymous character.

The basic plot is that Bart finds himself lusting after Reverend Lovejoy's daughter: Jessica. He tries to pass himself off as a nice boy thinking that'll impress her but he soon discovers that she is a bad girl whose antics far exceed his own.

Some cool quotes... (from SNPP)

Lovejoy: And now my daughter Jessica, who has just returned from boarding school, will read the same passage I just read. I noticed a few of you weren't paying attention.
Bart: [groans] Oh...
[Jessica walks up; a heavenly light shines upon her]
Bart: [gasps] Wow! There is a God!
[the light comes from a lighthouse outside]
Man: I'm telling you the light would work better if it pointed out to sea.
McAllister: Arr, shut up! I know what I'm doing.
[a boat crashes in the distance]
McAllister: Arr, I hate the sea and everything in it.

Lisa: Don't be so hard on yourself, Bart. It's not your fault Jessica doesn't like you.
Bart: Is it my hair? My overbite? The fact that I've worn the same clothes day in, day out for the last four years?

Bart: Excellent! You're incredible, Jessica: your throws, your catches, your spirals, and your loops -- it's like the toilet paper is an extension of your body.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart?
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: No...he looks like something might be disturbing him.
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses.
Marge: I guess we could get more involved in Bart's activities but then I'd be afraid of smothering him.
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant.
Homer: It was, Marge, admit it.

No comments: