Saturday, May 24, 2008

The end of one particular kind of madness.

It's over.

Internal assessment is over. Such a thing just makes me so happy.

This essay I wrote ended up being one I just couldn't care about. I am so bored with a topic like "media imperialism". It's my own fault really, what could I expect after doing papers like "understand contemporary media", "political communications in new zealand" and "theorising digital media". I'm burned out on the media after doing my fourth paper on it.

It's a relief that this is my final semester (providing nothing awful happens.... again.). Though it should be added I still find all aspects of microeconomics to be fascinating - macro bores me.

I stayed up until 4am writing before deciding to go to bed, I think I should have just done what I did last week and stay up all night fueled by unhealthy amounts of coffee but I decided to sleep. I woke up and felt ruined for the rest of the day. And today. I felt pretty good last week - I'm clearly not up for sleeping 4-5 hours at a time. It's either none or nine.

After handing in the essay I was so tired that I made my way to the AV center in the library and just watched Battlestar Galactica for four and a half hours. I had recently found out it was in the library and heard it was good so I thought I'll give it a shot. I don't know if it was the crazy talking but it was pretty fucking good. I totally want to watch more.

The way home was surreal, it was raining and everything just seemed weird, from the polynesian singers who had hidden themselves in some crevice of the postmodern library outside to the pot smokers who meet every friday at four o'clock or something who were just standing there - smoking in the rain. Just seemed weird to me.

The next couple of days will be dedicated to relaxation. Before I start getting into exam prep. The madness has only just began.

No comments: