Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Celebrating with Chocolate.

I'm about to overdose on the chocolate I bought to celebrate my "victory" over the bank. This all started way back on Friday when I was about to go to the supermarket. I checked my balance online and what did I find? That there was $1.43 left in my account. I found that the bank had taken $22.20 (as you can see - I'm not very rich at the moment) out as "interest charges". It was five o'clock and too late to go to the bank and complain.

So, yesterday I went to the bank and complained and got it reversed. They didn't know why it had happened but I got my money back and would have it the next day. So today I look in my account and find that low and behold I now only had 13c in my account (I had spent a dollar at video ezy to rent a movie). So I went back, turned out I had some bill payments that I had forgotten out sitting there unable to make payment (very little payments) because of the interest fee and the bank had charged me $22.50 for that. They reversed that as well.

So I bought some chocolate (this new chocolate by Cadburys - it's a mixture of dark and milk chocolate). Hopefully I won't have to go back to the bank for a while.

No comments: